วันพุธที่ 30 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2559

Lesson 2

Sentence Structure

Tim, Roberts’s friend from college, loves shopping for books. He prefers to shop in the big bookstore downtown, Reading Rules. Reading Rules has many locations but Tim likes this one better. There is a coffee shop on its left so he can read the books he buys there.

There are many cool and interesting sections in the store. Tim went there yesterday and he had a great time. He felt cheerful the moment he entered the store because he saw all the wonderful books. First, he went to the comic book section. He sat down on a chair and read some comics from Japan. Under the Japanese comics shelf, there were old American comics, like Superman and Batman. He looked at those, too.

Next, he went across to the section for books about health, which was opposite the comic book section. He looked up. The books on the shelf on top are about gardening. Tim does not like growing plants or flowers so he looked under that shelf. There are books about yoga on the second shelf. Tim took a book about beginner yoga because he was interested in trying it.

An hour later, he walked to the fiction section. This part of the store is on the left of the entrance. He looked at the shelves of classics, such as books by Jane Austin and Charles Dickens. Tim read a book by Dickens last year and thought it was boring so he looked at the shelf next to the classics. He saw a book by Stephen King. King writes his favorite horror books. He found one he had not read. Then he sat in a chair in the corner and read for another hour.

He did not buy anything yesterday at Reading Rules but he read a lot!

Sentence Making

1. There was a tree on the left.
2. On the right, there were children playing.
3. The sculptures were next to the jogging path.
4. There were many soft drinks in the soda machine.
5. Under the trees, there was an old couple.

What I saw? What I heard?

1. interesting people 1. Jazz music

2. a girl with afro hair 2. saxophone and drums

3. new painting of giant dragon 3. clanking cups

4. a parade with funny people 4. whirring coffee machine and steam rising

5. interesting conversation

Model 6: A Four Paragraph Report

After You Read 1.

Picture 1: Two years ago, a coffee shop named Coffee Softie opened near my house. I go there all the time!
Picture 2: Firstly, there were some very interesting people. One girl next to me had afro hair and wore lots of makeup.
Picture 3: Secondly, I saw new paintings on the walls. On my left, there was a painting showing a giant dragon with big wings.
Picture 4: Lastly, there was a parade outside the shop. Many funny people and musicians walked by the windows singing cheerful songs.
Picture 5: Firstly, the musicians played jazz music in the shop. I really liked the saxophone and drums I heard.
Picture 6: Secondly, I loved the sounds of making coffee. The clanking cups, the whirring coffee machine and the stream rising from it all made lovely noises.
Picture 7: Lastly, I overheard a very interesting conversation. There were two people behind me. and/or They talked about a famous movie star they saw at a restaurant the night before.

2.

There are many great locations to have coffee in San Francisco. Two years ago, a coffee shop named Coffee Softie opened near my house. [why you are writing about this topic]---> I go there all the time! [thesis statement]-(a sentence that says what will be in paragraphs 2 and 3)-> Yesterday, I had a great time there because of the sights and the sounds.

[topic sentence]-(main idea of the paragraph)-> I saw many fantastic things there yesterday. [main point 1] Firstly, there were some very interesting people. One girl next to me had afro hair and wore lots of makeup. [main point 2] Secondly, I saw new paintings on the walls. On my left, there was a painting showing a giant dragon with big wings. [main point 3] Lastly, there was a parade outside the shop. Many funny people and musicians walked by the windows singing cheerful songs.

[topic sentence] I also heard a lot of nice things. [main point 1] Firstly, the musicians played jazz music in the shop. I really liked the saxophone and drums I heard. [main point 2] Secondly, I loved the sounds of making coffee. The clanking cups, the whirring coffee machine and the steam rising from it all made lovely noises. [main point 3] Lastly, I overheard a very interesting conversation. There were two people behind me. They talked about a famous movie star they saw at a restaurant the night before.

[your feeling about the topic] Overall, the sights and sounds made me feel very relaxed. I will go back there again next week.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น

ONET 58 ENG M6 ข้อ 16

แหล่งที่มาของภาพ The boy claimed that the pencil box belonged to him, but soon everybody found out that he___. 1. is lying 2. tell...